Aggressive & Successful Sex Crime Defense Attorney Steven C. Townsend
Do not talk to a government official without the legal guidance and direction of experienced Pittsburgh criminal defense attorney, Steven Townsend. You risk waiving critical rights without an attorney present.
- Aggravated Sexual Assault,
- Sexual Assault,
- Criminal Sexual Contact,
- Date rape
- Sexual abuse
- Child molestation
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child,
- Computer crimes: Internet porn, solicitation
- Campus sex crimes
- Indecent exposure
- Lewd Conduct, Lewdness,
- Invasion of Privacy,
- Solicitation, Luring, Enticing,
- Promoting Prostitution,
- Loitering for the Purpose of Engaged in Prostitution,
- Violating a Condition of Community Supervision for Life,
- Violating a Condition of Parole Supervision for Life,
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
In Pennsylvania, a sex crime, such as sexual assault or criminal sexual contact is a serious offense with long-term consequences, even if you are not formally charged. You may face the following consequence:
- The label of a sexual offender or sexual predator
- The loss of important civil liberties such as freedom to choose where you live, to take certain jobs, or even have custody of your children
- The possibility of a long prison sentence and parole supervision for life
- Being listed as a sex offender on the National and local Sex Offender registries, if you are subject to Pennsylvania’s Megan’s Law
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Production of Child Pornographic Material
- Transmission/Distribution of Child Pornography
- Downloading Child Pornography
Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act
- Extends the jurisdictions in which registration is required beyond the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the principal U.S. territories, to include also federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Incorporates a more comprehensive group of sex offenders and sex offenses for which registration is required.
- Requires registered sex offenders to register and keep their registration current in each jurisdiction in which they reside, work, or go to school.
- Requires sex offenders to provide more extensive registration information.
- Requires sex offenders to make periodic in-person appearances to verify and update their registration information.
- Expands the amount of information available to the public regarding registered sex offenders.
- Makes changes in the required minimum duration of registration for sex offenders.
There are a number of technical defenses involving Internet porn, including the fact that incriminating images can sometimes get onto a computer’s hard drive via pop-up advertisements. In other cases, incriminating images come from “legitimate” (legal) sites ostensibly devoted to adult porn only. Sometimes, people unknowingly receive and open child pornography from other Internet users. On other occasions, people simply “click” the wrong link by mistake. When other people have access to and routine use of your computer, even greater defense issues are raised. Finally, law enforcement may have discovered and gained the evidence against you in violation of your constitutional rights.
Effective criminal defense can mean the difference between a jail sentence and a dismissed charge. If you have been charged, or if you believe you are under investigation, it’s important to retain legal counsel immediately and begin preparing your defense. Steven C. Townsend provides aggressive defense to his clients. He will seek the dismissal of charges, reduced charges, treatment and other alternatives to jail that serve the long-term needs of our clients – like house arrest, work release, community service, etc.
Steven C. Townsend is a sex crime defense attorney who will aggressively fight to protect your rights and your future.
If your child has been accused of a crime it is important that neither you or your children answer questions, make statements or consent to searches by law enforcement.
Call 877-900-5336 today or CLICK HERE for a FREE CONSULTATION
Sex crimes can be particularly devastating to the defendant’s reputation. Even if you are not charged, facing the criminal proceeding can be damaging to your family, your employment, and your future. Steven Townsend knows how to convey to the courts that you are an individual with a unique case who was wrongfully charged. He will take the steps necessary to prepare your case to convey your story and to create the most compelling and customized defense on your behalf.
Free initial consultation
All major credit cards accepted
Weekend and evening appointments available