DUI and Firearms. You better not try and buy a firearm after a DUI.
Have a DUI and try to buy a gun in PA? You might get in even more trouble
IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH FALSIFYING A FEDERAL OR STATE FIREARM APPLICATION AFTER A DUI, PLEASE CONTACT TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS.
You cannot legally purchase a firearm in Pennsylvania if…
- You have been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
- You are under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
- You are a fugitive
- You are an “unlawful user of” or addicted to controlled substance
- You have been found mentally defective or committed to a mental institution
- You are an illegal alien or admitted to the U.S. under a non-immigrant status
- You have been dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces
- You have renounced your U.S. citizenship
- You have a court order that restrained you from harassing, stalking or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner
- You have been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence